[RP TownTalk] Dog incident

JayRite at aol.com JayRite at aol.com
Sat May 17 17:08:37 UTC 2008

Special thanks to Chief Chambers and the Officers that handled this case.
It's never easy to take a life, and in lieu of the original complaint on this
board, it seems that the officers did their duty admirably to the regards of
the  safety of the good citizens of the community.

I won't begin to argue the legality of the Pit-bull, or even Rottweiler ,
but these dogs are in fact very dangerous in the care of those that have no real
 concern for the well being of the animal and especially their neighbors.

That seems to be the root of this incident, and I sincerely hope that the
police are at least considering bringing reckless endangerment charges against
the owner of this unfortunate animal. That person's irresponsibility, clearly
caused considerable emotional trauma to numerous people, and nearly caused
serious injury or worse. At the very least that person's irresponsibility lead
to the death of their own 'pet'.

This particularly hits home with me because I know my wife and son of 19
months (usually strapped into his stroller) have walked in that area  numerous
times in the past. If this animal had attacked them......well... I  don't even
want to think about it. My heart goes out to the victims in this  incident. It
must have been absolutely terrifying.

KUDOS RPPD!
Job well done,
Jay Wright