[RP TownTalk] Witness? Help this victim

annelbv annelbv at yahoo.com
Mon May 19 13:55:42 UTC 2008

I know some of you drive down Rhode Island Avenue to work and back...
Anne

>From my friend Mark:
 While I was cruising DC Craigslist for blind dates and stolen bikes, I noticed this posting in the bikes forum, below.
I didn't see it happen, so I won't comment on who was at fault. The conditions were terrible: night, heavy rain, a narrow road.

"Cyclist hit by car: Thurs. 4:30pm, 17th/Rhode Isl. ave. Witness this? (17th st. and Rhode Island Ave,)
---------------------------------
 Reply to: sale-682828553@ craigslist. org
 Date: 2008-05-16, 11:10AM EDT

 Please contact me if you or anyone you know was a witness to the assault that occurred yesterday afternoon on the 1200 block of 17th st. NW. A black lincoln towncar driven by a city employee ran down a cyclist in a fit of anger and may get away with it without your testimony. Thank you.

In other news...
Driving back from Union Station around midnight last night, I happened upon a cyclist/car crash at the intersection of Michigan and Varnum in NE. There was a crumpled 10 speed in the middle of the road, a man laying on the ground, and a Toyota with a head-sized dent in its fender pulled off to the side of the road. Fortunately, the cyclist was getting help from a fellow cyclist and a number of bystanders. He was moving around when the firetruck arrived."

Anne Blein-Zuk (formerly Villacres)
TFK PG Chapter
301-704-6612
www.tfkpg.org