[RP TownTalk] Blood Drive - University Town Center American Red Cross

Lynda Lynn lal at utcmail.net
Thu Oct 16 13:39:17 UTC 2008

All,

We still have openings for our UTC/Red Cross Blood drive tomorrow.

Why should you donate?
        Every two seconds, someone in America needs blood.
        Every unit of blood can save up to 3 lives.
Who needs blood?
        Patients having surgery.
        95% of people will need a transfusion in their lifetime.
        People whose blood won't clot on its own (Hemophilia).
        Accident Victims.
        People whose blood is very low in iron (Anemia).
        Burn Patients.
        People with sickle-cell disease.
The Washington, DC Metropolitan area has a huge demand for blood and often has to obtain blood from other states in order to keep up with demand.  If you are able to donate please follow the instructions below.  Thank you to all who are able to donate.

Here is the information you need in order to log on to the Red Cross website and schedule your donation for our UTC/Red Cross Blood drive on Friday, October 17th. The blood drive is scheduled from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM and times slots are available on a first come first serve basis.
The direct URL for the website is: https://www.membersforlife.org/rccm/bdc/login.php.
Scroll down and click on " Donors Login Here" in the gray box. It will prompt you to enter your email, date of birth and the sponsor code listed below. You will then choose your preferred time slot. Once you are done you should receive a confirmation e-mail.

Name:   University Town Center

Sponsor Code:   15537

If you prefer you can have me sign you up for a time slot. You can e-mail or call me with your time preferences. We are still looking for blood donors so please feel free to share this e-mail.
Thank you all for your support!
And for those of you who did not see the article in Parade magazine last weekend, "8 Ways to Stay Healthy", here is the article. The number 1 thing is "Give Blood!" And the other things are excellent ideas too!  Enjoy! Here's the link:
http://www.parade.com/health/2008/09/8-ways-to-stay-healthy-2

Lynda Lynn
Marketing Project Manager
University Town Center