[RP TownTalk] Riverdale Park Ward One Block Party/Fundraiser - Saturday November 1st - Noon to 6PM - 46th Street

Heather Blanchard heather.blanchard at me.com
Sat Oct 18 03:54:30 UTC 2008

RIVERDALE PARK WARD ONE BLOCK PARTY/FUNDRAISER - SATURDAY, NOVEMBER
1ST - Noon - 6PM

The First Annual Riverdale Park Ward One block party will be held on
Saturday, November 1st on 46th Street on the block between Riverdale
Road and Oliver Street (Rt. 1 side). The block party will run from
Noon - 6pm. (Note: 46th street will be blocked from 7pm - 8pm for the
block party.)

The afternoon activities will feature live music with help from Lou
King and his fantastic PA system! We will also have some amazing
children's activities by the Riverdale Park Arts Council - special
thanks to Marc Molino and Marita Novicky!

Bring a baked good or a potluck dish. Also bring a few dollars! We are
hoping to raise funds to create some kind of RP community activity for
next summer - maybe a "Screen on the Green" at the Riversdale Mansion?
Help to create a new RP Dog Park?

Many thanks go to Ward One Councilwoman Alice Walker for helping us
put this idea into motion and for the help with tables/chairs and
street closure! I also want to thank more of the brains behind this
event including Nancy Augustine and Jade Jaggers. Without their
support this would be an idea not a reality!

There are still opportunities to help out with the block party. We
need volunteers to help set up, break down the tables, organize food,
or just be a pair of helping hands! In addition, we really want to
have more community oriented groups hosting a table with your
activities to bring awareness of the great things here in Riverdale
Park.

If you should have any questions or want to help, feel free to email heather.blanchard at me.com

See you Saturday, November 1st!

Yay Riverdale! : )