[RP TownTalk] F4 Buses

Alice Ewen Walker alice at ewenwalker.com
Thu Apr 2 15:49:59 UTC 2009

We emphasized to Metro at the Monday meeting that maintaining service going
through the center of town and minimizing time delay for passengers caused
by being stuck on EW Hwy or other congested routes was important, in
addition to safety.
Metro says that this is one of 5 most severe incidents in their system for
the year; none of the others involved rail crossings. We are advocating that
the existing route should be preserved and have asked Metro to coordinate w/
the Town's professional staff to minimize problems caused by the temporary
rerouting. There could be opportunity to bring the bus down Lafayette
through Rivertech Court to connect to the College Park metro if the rail
crossing is permanently sworn off.

As Lou noted, Riverdale Road is a wide street without parking congestion -
we might have to enact parking restrictions on Queensbury or other streets
if the route is changed. It would be a big issue to those living on the
street so we'd really like to avoid that if possible.

Alice

--
Alice Ewen Walker
Councilwoman, Ward 1