[RP TownTalk] Council Member Eric Olson April E-News Letter

Alan K. Thompson listmaster at ci.riverdale-park.md.us
Fri Apr 3 23:58:47 UTC 2009

Dear Mr. Lynch,

The posting guidelines for the list do not prohibit political discussion,
only "electioneering".  The electioneering prohibition comes from a
requirement in town law that town resources may not be used for
electioneering without explicit approval by the council and mayor (and
because this list is funded by the town, it counts as a town resource).  The
council passed specific guidelines for electioneering on the e-mail lists in
April, 2007, which you can read at
http://riverdale-park.org/pipermail/towntalk/2007-April/001549.html

The other major guideline is that you may not attack people, though you may
respectfully disagree with (and argue against) their positions (on politics,
bus routes, and yes, chickens).  The full guidelines are available at

Regards,

Alan K. Thompson
E-mail List Administrator
Town of Riverdale Park