[RP TownTalk] notification of Municipal election candidates

Lou King lking at knob.com
Fri Apr 10 22:37:10 UTC 2009

Dwight Holmes wrote, On 4/10/2009 5:51 PM:
> On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 4:21 PM, Lou King <lking at knob.com> wrote:
>
>> Lou King wrote, On 4/10/2009 3:19 PM:

These are the words that I found a bit inflammatory. I would have though
that a quasi -Town representative, who felt that Town staff was not
fulfilling their responsibilities would have found a less public venue
to point out a short coming.

I did not realize you were speaking as the operator of the private Wiki.

>>> I see the error of my ways. I did not coordinate with Dwight before I copied here the information on the Town Hall door. I will try not to make that mistake again.
>>>
>> After a cooler review of the documents Dwight referenced, I see no required time frame for when the election information _must_ be on Town Announce or the website.
>>
> You're absolutely right - there is no time frame, which is a bit
> curious!
As I remember the "flavor" of the times two years ago, several new
electronic data requirements were being created at the time. I believe
the new website is a result of that push. So to be reasonable, time
frames were not included in the resolutions, but the Council did/has
monitored the results to assure their intentions were complied with.  In
this case the new (Apr 2007) requirement needs to be coordinated with
State, County and other Town requirements for holding a Town election.