[RP TownTalk] map of the proposed purple line

Don Lynch dlynch at garretroomstudios.com
Sat Apr 11 18:41:45 UTC 2009

This is from the Purple Line Website

High investment Bus Rapid Transit (BRT)

The transitway follows Paint Branch Parkway in dedicated lanes until the
CSX underpass. It turns

right at the College Park Metro parking garage passing through the new
station development and along

the south side of River Road, in dedicated lanes.
The buses enter a tunnel from River Road to East West Highway at Kenilworth
Road.
The buses follow East West Highway at grade in dedicated lanes.

High Investment Light Rail Transit (LRT)
The LRT uses Paint Branch Parkway in dedicated lanes until the CSX/ Metro
underpass at College Park.
LRT turns right at the College Park Metro parking garage passing through
the new station development and along the south side of River Road, in
dedicated lanes.

The transitway enters a tunnel from River Road to East West Highway at
Kenilworth Road.

The LRT follows East West Highway at grade in dedicated lanes in the
median.

Don