[RP TownTalk] map of the proposed purple line

Alan K. Thompson twacks at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 00:13:23 UTC 2009

I attended a WMATA presentation to the Town Council on the Purple Line as it
would pass through Riverdale Park.  WMATA seemed pretty sure that the "High
Investment" version would NOT happen, or at least not on the Riverdale Park
portion of the line.  The "high investment" version was much, much more
expensive, and also had (as I remember, I haven't checked notes) more
environmental impact and legal hurdles to clear.  So, yes, it's possible,
but I think just barely.

Alan