[RP TownTalk] TownTalk Digest, Vol 33, Issue 13

Brian Boettger brian_boettger at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 13 13:37:05 UTC 2009

I would add, however, that gone are the days when residents cared to participate in their local politcal or altruistic endeavors. It is not the sole responsibility of the council members or the mayor to disseminate information and create liveily discussion.

Council meetings and work sessions are publicly advertised and open to the public. Many a time, Council members have requested, no pleaded, for public input on the important issues facing our modest hamlet only to have barely a handful of responses and input from its citizens.

I have found that council members very accessible and open to any and all ideas.

Complaining about the "status quo" or demanding that someone "do" something only results in continuation of the status quo.

The sqeekiest wheel only gets the oil if it brings the WD40.

Brian