[RP TownTalk] A view from the Ravenswood nest

Lou King lking at knob.com
Mon Apr 13 16:20:25 UTC 2009

Dwight Holmes wrote, On 4/13/2009 10:45 AM:
> Melissa -
> There is a town email list called "Town Announce" that sends out
> announcements of meetings, agendas, and (thanks to a recent, new town
> ordinance) copies of resolutions and ordinances.  You can sign up for
> it here:
> http://www.riverdaleparkmd.info/TownCrier.cfm
>
> Personally, I think it would be better to send that info out via
> TownTalk. I don't know how many folks are subscribed to TownAnnounce
> (or to TownTalk for that matter) but I'm guessing there are quite a
> few people who aren't even aware of it.
I would suggest that there is a functional difference between "Town
Announce" and "Town Talk."  "Town Announce" provides _official_
announcements from the Town. "Town Talk" is an _un_official open forum
for comments. Combining the two would blur the difference.

Just looking at the postings on TT there are clues to indicate that
several people receive digest of TT postings. Including pages of
agendas, resolutions and ordinances would strain the definition of
"digest." JMHO

As for pdf format, it is a standard document archival format that
doesn't require reliance on Uncle Bill (Microsoft) for readability.  For
readability it should be noted that there are some Microsoft word
document that current Microsoft software can not read/display correctly.
- This is not a MS/Mac issue but an archival question.

Lou