[RP TownTalk] A view from the Ravenswood nest

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 16:52:35 UTC 2009

Well, if I were a digester, i think i'd happily trade getting those
official announcements - most of them are quite brief -- too brief,
perhaps -- for all the quoted text in the replies to replies to
replies when people forget to <snip> the unnecessary texttrail from
their messages. But that's just me.

Alternatively, in lieu of full text, at least headings and links to
the new town website could be posted to TownTalk, now that ordinances,
resolutions, council agendas, etc. are being posted on the website.

It would be interesting to know the subscriber numbers for the two
lists (TownTalk, TownAnnounce). If they're roughly equal then the
point is somewhat moot.  Otherwise, I would stick with my stance, in
the interests of getting the most information (in brief form) to the
most people.