[RP TownTalk] A view from the Ravenswood nest

Lou King lking at knob.com
Mon Apr 13 17:29:08 UTC 2009

Dwight Holmes wrote, On 4/13/2009 12:52 PM:
> Well, if I were a digester, i think i'd happily trade getting those
> official announcements - most of them are quite brief -- too brief,
> perhaps -- for all the quoted text in the replies to replies to
> replies when people forget to <snip> the unnecessary texttrail from
> their messages. But that's just me.

Yes, a matter of netiquette. The addressing of replies (Reply/Reply All)
but hay.
> <snip>
>
> It would be interesting to know the subscriber numbers for the two
> lists (TownTalk, TownAnnounce). If they're roughly equal then the
> point is somewhat moot.  Otherwise, I would stick with my stance, in
> the interests of getting the most information (in brief form) to the
> most people.

I seem to remember the number for TT is in the 100/200 range. A large
number of those are from out of town, HOPE, Hyattsville, Collage Park,
the yoga lady, members who's purpose is to post their (often commercial)
interest here as apposed to learning what is going on in Riverdale Park
and participating in an exchange of ideas.  There also seems to be a
large number of "silent" members based on the names in the Sender column.