[RP TownTalk] Mural budget

Don Lynch dlynch at garretroomstudios.com
Thu Apr 23 13:24:55 UTC 2009

Since you brought up fundraising, I thought I should share with you some information I obtained from the State Highway Administration concerning the mural. I spoke with the department that is handling CDC's mural request.

I asked the simple question, " Who is responsible for maintaining the mural in case of damage from graffiti?"

The answer was, "The school is responsible".

In your budget, I think you need to allow for funds, which will cover the maintenance of the mural for the next 5, 10 or 25? years.

Damage to the mural can come from many sources besides graffiti. There is the natural bridge secretions, bird droppings, concrete upheaval and general corrosion of the surfaces under the bridge.

I wonder what arrangement the school will have with our town and the SHA concerning repair in a timely manner and how that plan will be handled over such a long period of time.

Don