[RP TownTalk] Mural Idealist

Regina Kreger regina at kreger.net
Fri Apr 24 12:19:15 UTC 2009

Chris, and anyone else who's interested, this weekend the National
Museum of the American Indian has a special program focused on the local
area.  Let me say that my heart is warmed by all the unsuspected
sensitivity to Native diversity and cultures.  Now if we could just get
Dan Snyder to change the name of the football team!

*SPECIAL PROGRAMS*
*/Honoring Native Community and Living World
/Celebrating Our Landscape*
Saturday, April 25, 2009, 11 a.m.--3 p.m.
Sunday, April 26, 2009, 11 a.m.--3 p.m.
*Various locations thoughout the museum*

Celebrate the museum's landscape, inside and out. Learn how NMAI's
cropland, meadow, wetland, and woodland habitats honor the Native
communities of the Chesapeake. Discover some ways in which Native people
used the resources in this environment and showed respect for them as well.

Activities include cooking demonstrations, hands-on activities, planting
traditions, storytelling, and films. Activities will be located
throughout the museum.