[RP TownTalk] Old blue jeans

Marita Novicky maritanovicky at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 16:52:13 UTC 2009

Dear Town Folks:  it's been a great spring in Riverdale Park. In response to
my plea last month to "send me your tired, worn out, and faded blue jeans",
I finally got a response:-)  It was that ever resourceful and faithfull
volunteer Dannielle Glaros who dropped off three of Steve's old pairs of
jeans.  Thanks Dannielle.  Those pockets and the ones I cut out from jeans I
bought from Salvation Army for a $2.00 or less, brings my stock up to 12
pockets that kids will decorate/make into napking holders, pencil holders,
etc.

But not to worry, I have plenty of other things for the children to
do in the Children's Pavilion at ArtsFest 2, this Sunday, May 3, 2009 in
Town Center.  The supplies include dozens and dozens of foam sun visors, a
dozen or so of foam-rimmed sunglasses, 14 reversible children's work/art
aprons, plus all the foam stickers, jewels, and other things to decorate up
their projects.  Plus, Betsy Campbell will be providing a one-hour free
art/drawing class to children 6-12.  You may even have some bags (canvas or
other) given at every conference that you can bring to be decorated as a
"green" shopping bag.

Now all I need is some volunteers (parents and/or others) to give an hour to
help the children create their works of art!  Please feel free to email me
separately at maritanovicky at gmail.com if you can spare an hour.  Or, come by
the Pavilion on Sunday and we'll put you to work.  It's simple, you just
spend an hour with the children helping them to decorate whatever they
choose to.

Best yet, Melissa Avery (who is handling all the entertainment end of
ArtsFest 2) will have any children that want to show off their art work come
up at the top of each hour to show off their work to the audience at our
stage.  It will be great.

Thank you for supporting ArtsFest 2 and we can't wait to see you this Sunday
which according to our weather people, promises to be a great day!

Marita