[RP TownTalk] TownTalk Digest, Vol 33, Issue 30

Brian Boettger brian_boettger at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 30 13:56:38 UTC 2009

Nancy,

I've never had a problem finding parking at Target. There's always spots open in the back. If it happened once, call it a fluke.

There are approx. 250 spots "in front" of Target.

Another thing that could be contributing to the parking problem you experienced is the heat. Air conditioning is free in the mall so rather than turning on the AC in your house and running up the electric bill, there may have been people "hanging" at the mall as shelter from the heat.

I doubt commuters would park that far away from the station, meaning they would park closer to the walkway over 410 then to the building. Also, the mall security is pretty on top of towing commuters as the mall isn't open that early, commuters usually park 7:30am to 6pm so at 7:30pm I, again, doubt that they were commuters.

All, here's one thing that may happen. If you complain that there is not enough parking, they may make future developments add parking taking away from green space and adding to congestion. This is really not a good idea especially considering the proximity to the train station.

Brian