[RP TownTalk] stolen car

Jeffrey Yorke yorkedial at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 20:36:36 UTC 2009

Great idea for an automobile mystery writer (remember Billy Joel's "real
estate novelist"?) but this morning, Peggy at Koons Ford in College Park
gave me the bad news on my historic 1984 set of wheels and Roland, you and I
are both outta luck. Me on length of constant registration, insurance, you
on theory. The clunker holder must be able to prove that the clunker has
been registered and insured to that same person for the past 12 months.
That's where I came up short. I tool Granny's Fleetwood Brougham (74,000
original miles !!!) off the road for a few years to avoid paying crazy car
insurance with a young driver on my plan. Didn't get it re-registered,
re-tagged and insured again until late last year so I won't be getting a
new, greener Ford.

So, no car thefts are gonna be profitting from their ill-gotten gains at Mr.
Walker's expense.

But, Roland, do I have a hell of a deal for you and you can ride off into
the sunset in a  beautiful set of (brand new rubber, too!) wheels...

No kidding, this garage-kept car belonged to my now 97-year-old grandmother
and has had great care. Gets surprisingly good milage for its ilk.

Jeffrey Yorke