[RP TownTalk] Why such poor snow removal?

Cranky old Coot lking at knob.com
Mon Dec 21 13:39:05 UTC 2009

My suggestion was only one of many alternatives. Another approach that
may people take is to look around, evaluate the unusual circumstances in
which they find themselves and plan accordingly.

Earlier this month I happened to be in another town of 53,000+ when they
had the largest snow fall sense 1950. The town had 7 snowplows to deal
with 8" of snow.  People dealt with it. Some street never got plowed.

It cost money, money taxpayers have to provide, to have snow removal
equipment available to handle conditions that happen only once ever 20,
50 years (or what ever this storm was).  I seem to remember not that
many years ago a winter that I only had to sweep the snow off the walk.
No one (that I heard) was complaining that year about all the unused
equipment sitting around. They realized then that it was an unusual
situation/year, too.

I hope you get to work safely and home again.

--
I'm the Cranky Old Coot's keeper, and I approve this message

Lou King