[RP TownTalk] Why such poor snow removal?

Corey Slavitt cls at pobox.com
Mon Dec 21 13:58:07 UTC 2009

The 5000 block of Oglethorpe Street faired much better than the rest
of our town.  The reason -- our community-spirited and extremely kind
and caring Zastrow family.  Tim went out to the store at midnight as
the storm began, scored a snow blower, and he and son Toby cleared
all sidewalks and most driveways (some had cars in them in the way.)
They did this both on Saturday and on Sunday.  And Tim and Toby
looked like they were having fun!  They even cleared parts of the
street that they could manage with their blower so neighbors could
get out to the street safely.  If I were queen, I would buy them --
and myself -- a couple of four-wheel drives with shovel attachments
on the front.  We could clear the entire town of snow and whistle
while we worked!

The Zastrows love our neighborhood block so much they've lived in
three different houses on it for more than 20 . . . maybe 25 years.
And we love the Zastrows!  Thank you!