[RP TownTalk] Complaint

Cranky old Coot lking at knob.com
Wed Dec 23 18:15:57 UTC 2009

Now we know who will be the first two people in line to pay property
taxes like Robert R outlined: Art and Andy are leading the way! I can
see it now sleeping in lawn chairs in front of Town Hall to make sure
they get a seat at a budget planning meetings to demand higher taxes to
be ready for the next once in a decade storm. - Oh wait budget meetings
aren't crowded, leave alone budget planning meetings. Maybe you won't
need your lawn chair to be the only one there.

The budget process starts getting serious in April, May and June. I
assume I will see you two standing there demanding a significant jump in
taxes to pay for snow removal equipment. Can you say tax escrow more
than P&E ?

Considering the pain displayed by the Mayor and Council  last May/June
to hold taxes in these economic times, you better get a lot more
property owners and people that vote in local elections, to join your
"Double Our Taxes" campaign. One or two people demanding more service
AND higher taxes to pay for them won't cut it. You will need a crowd.

I need my meds (now that I'm home I've got to shovel my walk).

COC

--
I'm the Cranky Old Coot's keeper, and I approve this message

Lou King