[RP TownTalk] Complaint

Nina Faye ns_faye at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 23 18:39:57 UTC 2009

"Winters are often harsh here."  Where on the continent are you from?  I grew up near the Kansas/Missouri border, and have lived in Chicago, Denver, and Cleveland.  We vacation in Ontario.  We don't even have winter here.  Get a grip people; this was a mild inconvenience that is a very rare occurance.  Those of us who have been through a real prairie blizzard with no power and 6-8 foot snow drifts think this was a picnic.  My spouse was annoyed because he tried to go out for breakfast Sat. morning and everywhere was closed.  Then the grocery store closed while he was trying to shop.  All that said, there is a reason at our ages (over 60) that we live in this lovely climate.  However, the cost benefit analysis for maintaining snow removal equipment and materials for the rare snow storm here simply does not balance.  Happy Holidays to All, Nina