[RP TownTalk] Poultry

Cranky old Coot lking at knob.com
Sun Feb 22 17:41:24 UTC 2009

Sarah Wayland wrote, On 2/22/2009 10:25 AM:
>>>  It is county zoning code that prohibits them {foul}.
>>>
>> Which is as it should be.
>>

> You know, I kind of like the chickens and turkeys that live down the
> street from my parents. They are really beautiful, and they are quiet.

We obviously have different childhood memories.  The folks that lived
next door to my grandparents had chickens. = I see the difference,
_/Next/_/ door/ vis _/Down/_/ the street/ = These were big 50' city
lots. The neighbors were rich they had 3 lots, big  house, big flower
garden. Behind the barn that had been for horse and carriage, they keep
chickens. When I was 4-5 years old we lived with my grandparents.
Because of the smell I never played on the swing set in the backyard.

Perhaps the dry Albuquerque climate helps control the aromatic
characteristics of the natural soil enhancements.

COC