[RP TownTalk] President Obama - Amtrak to DC on January 17 - question

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 14 15:12:01 UTC 2009

I don't know if anyone can really answer this due to security concerns, etc., however....  I've heard on the news that President-elect Obama will travel via train from Philadelphia, PA to DC on Saturday, January 17, and they're expecting people to line the tracks to watch the train pass.  I'm guessing they'll use the AMTRAK tracks, has anyone heard if the train will pass through the New Carrollton AMTRAK station (or where?) and, if so, approximately what time?  I'd like to see the train myself, I didn't know if any of our railroad buffs had this info or not.

Thanks.