[RP TownTalk] water main break at Madison and Taylor

Euniverz at aol.com Euniverz at aol.com
Tue Jan 20 14:15:11 UTC 2009

I just like to say to my elected officials that some of us have  not
necessarily elected you only to contact the utilities for us to tell them  there's
damage to our town infrastructure.  Helpful?  Sure.  Some  of us, however, turn
to you to prevent that damage and/or ensure it  doesn't persist.

I understand weather creates problems that are difficult to foresee when it
comes to water delivery, but perhaps a good conversation to start on TownTalk
would be, "what our town officials can do, are planning to do, or are
currently doing about mitigating or preventing further problems?  Are  we aware of
potential problems or soft spots in water delivery or other aspects  of our
infrastructure?"  Also, I reported a few months ago that Riverdale  Road at
Taylor, at the southwest corner of the roadbed, seems to have formed  wheel
ruts...I think I feel a gentle scraping of my undercarriage at that  intersection.
That's a big concern to me since the town has spent so much  money on
resurfacing the roads.  Has anyone looked into the problem since  the time it was
brought to the town's attention?  What were the  findings?

Thanks!

Adrianne Lefkowitz

Absolutely, do feel free to call - we will get your concerns forwarded  to
the right party. I generally rely on our public works director to forward
requests to Pepco, WSSC, SHA and the like - he has a rolodex of direct  contacts
that can make the response time better or reduce the amount of time  on hold
that we may get as average citizens. In the middle of the night, if a  main
breaks, calling WSSC's hotline is probably still the best first-response  strategy,
but again, do feel free to call on any council person so that we can  be
aware of the issue and take action as we are best able.

Alice

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 3:05 PM, Gerald King <_Gerald at geraldking.com_