[RP TownTalk] Question on digital TV conversion

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 22 15:39:17 UTC 2009

Has anyone else received a lot of different information as to whether or not they'll need a digital converter in February?   Each time I contact Comcast, I get different answers.  I have an older analog TV.  I have basic cable service, no movies, etc.  The cable box on my TV is the older style box, not the newer digital box.  I've been told on various calls/computer chats with Comcast that; on call #1 I was told no problem, I'm good to go; on call #2; if I have the older cable box, I'll need a digital cable box or converter; and #3; even if I have the older cable box, as the signals will be sent digitally to all Comcast customers, I SHOULD BE ok.  (operative phrase, "should be.")  I admit to being technologically challenged, hopefully someone out there is more in-the-know on these things?  Thanks for any help you can give me.