[RP TownTalk] Question on digital TV conversion

Lou King lking at knob.com
Thu Jan 22 16:28:15 UTC 2009

Sue,
Starting with I don't have ComCast, it is my understanding you are not
going to have to change anything in February.

That being said, with an older TV and cable box you will not see
much/any advantage with the change to digital or HD from the local stations.

I have not heard anything about whether Comcast/Verizon/Satellite
services will carry the expanded content offered by local channels. The
providers are required to provide the local network channels. Don't
think the added programming will be forced on them. Except for WETA I
haven't seen an real use of the other channels being made available.
Another weather channel or reruns from the 70s isn't riveting TV.

Lou