[RP TownTalk] Preliminary Central US 1 Corridor Sector Plan Document

Williams, Chad Chad.Williams at ppd.mncppc.org
Wed Jul 1 16:36:47 UTC 2009

Good afternoon everyone,

   I just wanted to let you know that due to circumstances beyond our
control we will be unable to make our target date of tomorrow afternoon
for distribution of copies of the Preliminary Central US 1 Corridor
Sector Plan and Proposed Sectional Map Amendment document.

   However, I do want to reassure you that you will still have plenty of
time to read and review this document prior to the Joint Public Hearing
that is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, September 15, 2009 in the
County Administration Building in Upper Marlboro. The legally mandated
timeframe for review of preliminary plans is 30 days, which would mean
copies must be available no later than August 15. We will continue to
make every effort to provide copies as early in July as feasible to
provide extra time for your review and to prepare comments on the plan
for the public hearing record.

   In the meantime, the meeting that has been scheduled for 7:00 p.m. on
Wednesday, July 8 at the Gildenhorn Recital Hall in the Clarice Smith
Center will still occur. The purpose of this meeting is to present an
overview of the recommendations of the preliminary sector plan to
provide some background as you begin your reading and review.

   I will send another message to this group once copies are available
for pick-up and online. Confirmed pick-up locations include:

*         The Lower Level Information Counter and Clerk of the Council's
office in the County Administration Building

*         College Park City Hall

*         Davis Hall

*         The Beltsville, Greenbelt, and Hyattsville branches of the
library system

   We are still looking into a distribution site on the University of
Maryland campus.

Thank you for your continued patience, and have a good day. We hope to
see you all on Wednesday evening.

Chad