[RP TownTalk] Old Town Pets

Adrienne Allegretti adgealleg at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 18 15:49:16 UTC 2009

Hi Bruce,

I always attempt to get my dog food from Dan. His location is convenient for me (just down the road) and I don't need to hassle with traffic, lines and crowds to get what I need. On the past occasion when I needed to restock up on dog food though, the shop was closed. We attempted to go back the next day and it was still closed. This latter day was also the same day as the Farmer's market. We were distressed that the shop was closed with no sign about when he might be back or might open again. After several attempts, Mike then ran up to Pet Smart to get the food. The following week on a Farmer's Market day though, we noticed the shop was open again. I know I should bring it up with Dan myself, but haven't had the chance, but it would be great for him to leave a sign or notice on the door if he needs to close up early one day (I believe he's usually open until 7) or has stepped away letting potential customers when he will be back. It's really easy for us locals to come back when we know he will return but if we don't know, there is the strong potential that we might have to go elsewhere with our business that day. Plus we worried something had happened - like he was closing up shop or something! I want to see his business thrive and stay as a permanent fixture of RP! So if you get a chance, would you mind mentioning this to him. If I am able to get to the FM today, I will stop in and mention it myself as well.

~ Adrienne