[RP TownTalk] Memorial Day observance; one last question

ABragg7393 at aol.com ABragg7393 at aol.com
Wed May 20 16:08:23 UTC 2009

When I was a child growing up in Pennsylvania,  Memorial Day was the  day
we went to the cemetery to honor all family members who passed on as well as
all veterans.  We took flowers and visited every grave.  I can still  see
my mom with the trowel in her hand as she dug up the dirt around the head
stones and planted some petunias.  After spending what seemed like all day  in
the cemetery, we had a family outing out at the Lake.
To this day, I still make an effort to go to the local cemeteries and honor
 all I know who passed on.  Its a good day to remember those who crossed
our  path and those we  loved along the way.  That said, I would like to
mention some of our town members here and hope you remember them with love and
good thoughts:
Gerald Kiernan - Town Councilman
Betty Gossett - Beloved Neighbor
Ed Brensinger - Beloved Neighbor
Mike Bochnak - Beloved Neighbor
Steve Schmidlin - Owner of S&J
Lewis Rosenthal - Artist who had a studio in the Taylor Wells  Building
Mrs. Sorrell - Original owner of the Riverdale Bookshop
Mr. Oppenheim - Rob's Dad
Sylvia Catlett - Beloved Friend and Neighbor

Please add others you remember to our list and let's keep them in our
hearts.

In a message dated 5/20/2009 8:47:51 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,