[RP TownTalk] Service Recommendations?

Nancy Augustine nya_md at verizon.net
Tue May 26 20:00:21 UTC 2009

My parents live in the "PEN" (Philadelphia-Eastern-??) neighborhood of Takoma Park, and they have a contractors' database that I have consulted frequently. There is a minimal website for the list, and the database itself (it's actually just a big table) is password-protected. It lists the contractors' contact info, date of service, type of service (plumbing, electrical, roofing, whatever) recommender, and individual comments. It's interesting to see the variation in experiences with a single contractor - I'm guessing that some of the workers are better at what they do than others.

I agree that it's not helpful to divide by Hyattsville / Riverdale Park. Unless someone has already done so, I'm curious enough to contact Jim and ask him what would be involved in adding input from our subscribers to his list, ****with permission of the original writer, only.****

Dwight, do you mind if I forward your message below to him, just because I'm lazy and don't feel like re-typing?

~Nancy