[RP TownTalk] News sources for Riverdale Park

Marc Molino mmolino54 at hotmail.com
Wed May 27 14:43:01 UTC 2009

It's been awhile since I checked out the Topix site, but they've got recent local news pretty well covered it seems:

http://www.topix.com/city/riverdale-park-md

Today, I discovered our Police Chief, Teresa Chambers testified before Congress recently (I did not know that she had been removed from her post as Chief of the U.S. Park Police by the Bush Administration for "speaking out about security gaps on the Capitol’s monuments, parks and parkways"):

http://www.flyrodreel.com/node/12273

I also found an update on the fire arson probe:

http://cms.firehouse.com/web/online/News/Man-At-Center-Of-Maryland-Firefighter-Arson-Probe-Tells-His-Story/46$63703

I have been unable to find out anything about the bicyclist who was hit by the Metro bus last week at the corner of 49th & Queensbury--does anyone know if he is OK?

Are there other good online sources for news about Riverdale Park? (I'm happy to compile answers offline and add them to the Wiki.)

Thanks in advance,

Marc M.