[RP TownTalk] News sources for Riverdale Park

Lou King lking at knob.com
Wed May 27 16:12:37 UTC 2009

Marc Molino wrote, On 5/27/2009 8:43 AM:

> Today, I discovered our Police Chief, Teresa Chambers testified before
> Congress recently (I did not know that she had been removed from her
> post as Chief of the U.S. Park Police by the Bush Administration for
> "speaking out about security gaps on the Capitol’s monuments, parks
> and parkways"):
> http://www.flyrodreel.com/node/12273
Yes aren't we, Riverdale Park, lucky! It just goes to show that clamming
to be fiscally conservative doesn't make you a good judge of caricature.

> I have been unable to find out anything about the bicyclist who was
> hit by the Metro bus last week at the corner of 49th &
> Queensbury--does anyone know if he is OK?
According to CrimeReports.com
Full-screen <javascript:void(0)>
TRAFFIC

4900 BLOCK QUEENSBURY RD

*Distance:* 0.39 miles

*Identifier: *RP091382242

Time: 21:06:01

If the Hit & Run was a bus and two-wheeler, I wonder who did the hitting
and who ran?  Or is this an other case of beer?

By the way, if you didn't know, our Chief Chambers is the reason all
Riverdale Park police reports are listed on http://www.crimereports.com
When she add use to the web page Crime Report was a new idea and only a
few cities and towns nation wide were involved. Now the national map is
full.

Lou