[RP TownTalk] street sweeping,

Euniverz at aol.com Euniverz at aol.com
Sat Sep 5 13:35:13 UTC 2009

the park is a totally different issue and is very controllable with
enforcement.  Is the use of the fields for organized games permitted by the  P&P?
As in, aren't permits required?  If so, whomever signs for  the use of
those fields should be responsible for the condition in which they  are left.
Also, it's my understanding that certain beverage containers are  not
permitted (ie, bottles, cans, etc).  The amount of illicit trash after  some events
there is staggering.  And certainly, the used condoms and  diapers I
occasionally see strewn about the park must carry it's own set of  ordinances and
health code violations.

When I use the park, walking my dogs, I ALWAYS clean up after myself.
I've been doing it since the Koch Administration, so for me it's no  longer due
to the threat of a ticket.  It's because  it's HABIT...and I don't want
someone stepping in my dog's crap.  But  for those who do not clean up after
themselves, be it people trash or dog poop,  there are laws...that are only
meaningless words if not enforced.

I've been told in the past the town has a good relationship with park
police, and of course there is our own force.  Can we get some "low hanging
fruit" enforcement?

Adrianne Lefkowitz