[RP TownTalk] Focus group meeting on Purple Line, 10/7 7-9pm College Park Town Hall

Sarah Wayland sarah.wayland at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 20:12:09 UTC 2009

I got the following announcement in the mail regarding the next
Community Focus Group Meeting for the Purple Line Study.

You are cordially invited to the next Community Focus Group meeting in
your area for the Purple Line Study. The meeting will be help on
Wednesday, October 7th, 2009 at College Park City Hall located at 4500
Knox Road, College Park, Maryland at 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm. We are holding
this meeting to inform you of a major project milestone that occurred
in August for the Purple Line Study, when Governor Martin O'Malley
announced his selection of the Locally Preferred Alternative (LPA).

At this meeting the Maryland Transit Administration (MTA) will present
an overview of the selected LPA, explain what will happen during the
next phase of the project, and how you will be able to continue your
involvement in the planning process. The Purple Line Study team will
present this information, and then will allow time for additional
questions and comments that are raised. In addition to the overall
project presentation, additional information will focus on the
University of Maryland, College Park, and Riverdale Park areas.

Your input and involvement are very important to us and I hope that
you will be able to attend this meeting. Thank you for interest and
continued involvement in this process. Please contact me at
410-767-3694 or at mmadden at mtamaryland.com inf you have any questions
regarding the Purple Line or this request.

Sincerely,
Michael D. Madden
Project Manager
Office of Planning