[RP TownTalk] Dumm's

Jeffrey Yorke yorkedial at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 17:51:56 UTC 2010

Cranky Old Coot again hits the target on head.

As one late RPMD business owner once pointed out to me, Pete and his family
are ALWAYS the people groups in town go running to for help -- new uniforms
for boys and girls club, donations to Arts Council, to Rec programs, etc.
and they ALWAYS give lots. Talk about giving back to the community.

Every business operator welcomes good ideas for making improvements but
calling one´s business ´´an urban rathole´´ is equivalent to saying ´´your
baby is ugly.´´ It is an unnessary slam and unproductive. And in this case,
it is an untrue overstatement. Despite the gaudy exterior and the worn
interior, both businesses on DUMM´S  Corner are particularly clean and
well-kept. And like it or not, they cater to the audience. Once an upper
income demo steps up to the plate with its AmEx cards, businesses in RP are
likely to offer improved services. Otherwise, you´re inviting a Chapter 11
filing.

--
Jeffrey Yorke
Yorke Property Management, Inc.