[RP TownTalk] Dumm's

Cranky old Coot lking at knob.com
Sun Aug 15 16:16:16 UTC 2010

Lou
O< ascii ribbon campaign - stop HTML mail - www.asciiribbon.org

Andrew Salgadoe wrote, On 8/15/2010 8:23 AM:
Can we, as a
> town, ask that they remove the garish posters for Coors and Heineken and
> maybe reflect the neighborhood store it is which sells sugar, wine,
> bread, etc.

Not to put to fine a point on it, but Yes Ivan we can tell Dumm how they
can or can't invest there money in their business to make a living in
"Our" town. In fact WE AS A TOWN HAVE!

If you remember just as the economy was turning south, the family
propose a rebuild of the whole corner - from Queensbury Rd across
Riverdale Rd including the boarding house across the street. Up scale
apartments, new corner store, additional street lever stores fronts and
off street parking. But "We as a town" didn't like that either. So we
are stuck with beer adds.

And if it were my money, until fresh veggies and artisan bread can show
more profit then screw top wine and cigs...

Those beer adds are a revenue stream. Can you by enough additional sugar
to replace that income?

Boy did you light my fire! -COC
--
I'm the Cranky Old Coot's keeper, and I approve this message

Lou King