[RP TownTalk] Nets at the Field of Dreams 8am 8/16/10 reply

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 18 11:22:57 UTC 2010

As I'd posted the other week, I saw a young boy trying to put one of the nets
up; he was by himself and I don't think he wanted to do anything wrong, but as
he had a soccer ball with him, I'd guess he wanted to kick the ball into the
net.  I told him nicely perhaps he might need permission to put the net up.  CAN
the nets be taken down or put up by just anyone who happens to be there?  If so,
and I don't know how practical it would be, maybe there could be some kind of
locking mechanism put on or something that would make it more difficult
for anyone to mess with them?  If 'just anybody' can raise the nets I can see
where the nets will get damaged or wear out more quickly.  Too, with people
being so "sue-happy" anymore, if someones' child would be playing around with
the nets and somehow got hurt, it's possible the parents would blame the town or
even try to sue the town for not having the nets secured in some way.