[RP TownTalk] burglary in Ward 2

Jeffrey Yorke yorkedial at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 18:59:52 UTC 2010

"Police report will virtually do nothing, because what's done, is done."

Not true at all. Filing a police report is keen to conviction once the
bad boys are caught. And they will, at some point, slip up and be
caught. And some of your stuff might be recovered. But only if you
report what gone and when. That's A MUST.

In February 2010, my alarm-protected home was invaded, our Quick
Books-filled laptop snatched. Three years of tax information gone,
only partially backed up. What a horror show it's been. But the two
bad boys who hopped my back fence with the goods were apprehended
after a few weeks and cops discovered a houseful of stolen goods in
Seat Pleasant. One young creep broke his silence and told all to the
cops. The 6-to-8 member gang operated for 18 months, breaking into
dozens of homes in the area.  I testified in August against one of the
14-year-old creeps. It was satisfying to look at him in the eye and
caused him to look down in shame.

You take your victories where you get them.

I'm hoping he gets his young life together. But it all begins with
filing a police report. And nosey neighbors with a telephone to the
Cop Shop are a GOOD thing.