[RP TownTalk] burglary in Ward 2

Robert Reilly reillyrg at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 19:42:44 UTC 2010

I think its very important to realize the importance of a camera. Everyone
that does not look like they are up to no good could be photographed from a
safe distance, and deleted if its not as important a photo as presumed.
Staying inside home,  safely away from access would help greatly. Digital
camera's really are helpful!  Locks are important too. Being from a big
city. get large and conspicuous locks visible from the street if possible.
There are inexpensive products available to make things look fortified.
These are crimes of opportunity, and We can all be more vigilant. Maybe the
town watch and town watch signs would work.

On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 11:42 AM, <jsilvera1 at verizon.net> wrote:

> Just found out that my neighbor was almost robbed while sleeping in her
> apartment in my building. P.G. county police say that they are still on the
> case being that my including multiple other apartments in my complex was
> burgularized back in September, but still not leads. We are not horrified to
> know that it has started again. So frustrated and angry that none of use
> feel safe in our homes anymore.
>

> Dec 18, 2010 09:04:34 PM, sarah.wayland at gmail.com wrote:
>
> And I just heard from a town resident, off list, that the police
> stopped a suspicious car sometime yesterday or today and it was filled
> with stolen property. If you think some of it might be yours, and you
> want it back, you'll need to file a report!
>
> -Sarah
>

> On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 11:47 AM, Lou King wrote:
> > Not to be crass, but adding to Jeffrey's comments, if you put in a clam
> > your home owner's or renter's insurance the first question right under
> your
> > name and insurance policy number, is the Police case or incident number -
> > which the investigating officer will give you, IF you file a police
> report.
> >
> > If you do not have a formal police report the chances of recovering you
> > valued possessions is ZERO and the chances of recovering any value from
> your
> > insurance company is about the same.
> >
> > Lou
> > O< ascii ribbon campaign - stop HTML mail - www.asciiribbon.org
> >
> > Jeffrey Yorke wrote, On 12/17/2010 11:59 AM:
> >>
> >> "Police report will virtually do nothing, because what's done, is done."
> >>
> >> Not true at all. Filing a police report is keen to conviction once the
> >> bad boys are caught. And they will, at some point, slip up and be
> >> caught. And some of your stuff might be recovered. But only if you
> >> report what gone and when. That's A MUST.

> > For more information about Riverdale Park, visit
> > http://www.riverdaleparkmd.info
> >

> --
> Sarah Wayland
> sarah.wayland at gmail.com