[RP TownTalk] EYA II (East side of US 1) update

Alan K. Thompson twacks at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 00:33:38 UTC 2010

EYA presented the same material to the Mixed-Use Town Center (M-U-TC) Design
Review Committee last night (a portion of the development is in Riverdale
Park, and in the M-U-TC zone).  The committee had a lively discussion with
EYA, and agreed to have one of the architects on the committee meet with
EYA's architect(s) and a representative of Hyattsville (also an architect)
to discuss options for moving forward on the project.  The committee was
cautiously supportive of the new mix of unit sizes, but wanted to see
improvements to the design, and especially the facades.

EYA will meet with the M-U-TC Committee again on February 18 at 7:30 pm.
Anyone interested can join us at Town Hall, 5008 Riverdale Road, that
evening.  The Town Council may also weigh in on the changes at some point
this month.

I can try to answer any questions people might have about the project and
proposed changes.

Alan Thompson
M-U-TC Design Review Committee Chair