[RP TownTalk] Anacostia Trail Update

Sarah Wayland sarah.wayland at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 00:55:12 UTC 2010

It is deeply upsetting. I do know the police are working hard to
monitor the situation, but they can't be there 24/7. It almost feels
like they would have to set up a substation under East-West highway
and hire 6 more officers to staff it to get this under control!

You ask what is happening to our town. I think it's a couple of
things: the economy (and thus more unemployed (and thus bored and
frustrated) people), and the heat (crime rates always go up in the
summer.) There are almost certainly more factors, but those two pop to
mind immediately.

I guess my question is how we can work with our police department to
help make our town safer for everyone. Organized bike rides make us
feel good, but immediately reporting anything out of the ordinary to
the police at 301-927-4343 can have an immediate positive effect. Our
police can't be everywhere at once - with our help, it is easier for
them to quickly investigate happenings that are out of the ordinary.

-Sarah

--
Sarah Wayland
sarah.wayland at gmail.com