[RP TownTalk] Hyattsville to College Park Trolley Trail Update

Alice Ewen alice.c.ewen at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 17:57:22 UTC 2010

I would add a slight clarification - the title search was time consuming,
but is done. Some of the property owners are entities from 90 years ago
which no longer exist. M-NCPPC's legal staff are taking steps to ensure
clear title to the land for these parcels.

M-NCPPC met with the Town at our most recent legislative session. M-NCPPC's
goal is that Phase I of the trail between Tuckerman Street and the Town
Center will break ground a year from now. EYA will be constructing the south
portion, connecting us to Hyattsville. Like other trails in the system,
there will be no lighting initially, but it is the long term goal of M-NCPPC
to have lighting on the trail, because it is ideal for commuter use.

I'm looking forward to the new trail next year.

Alice Ewen

--
Alice C. Ewen
Councilwoman, Ward 1