[RP TownTalk] Nets at the field of dreams

Euniverz at aol.com Euniverz at aol.com
Fri Jul 23 14:49:19 UTC 2010

Hi Bruce,

I disagree.  If you see an "endless string of emails" you don't feel  are
important feel free to delete them.  The nets are NOT staying down, the
birds are NOT safe, and the town runs the risk of further violations and
additional illegal bird takings.  I don't believe the situation would have
received the attention it requires had it not been for the email traffic.

There is plenty getting done, and all because a few people care enough to
ensure that it does.

Adrianne Lefkowitz
Madison and 48th

Hi Adrianne
This problem is way overblown.  I keep seeing an endless stream of  emails
on this subject, but nothing gets done.  The easiest solution is  to leave
the nets down until new smaller mesh nets are purchased.  This  way the birds
will be safe.  I'm sure the neighbors can put up with this  incovenience
for a little while.  After all they've been putting up with  if for years.
Problem solved!
You are making things worse by calling Fish and Wildlife.  I'd rather  the
mayor, council, and police, use my tax dollars to take care of more
pressing issues than worry about whether the nets are up or down.  Just  leave them
down.  You know what Fish and Wildlife are going to  say.  Leave the nets
down.  It's a no brainer.  What are you  accomplishing by getting them
involved?  It's certainly not making things  better.
Bruce