[RP TownTalk] Chesapeake Urban Farming Summit - June 18

Jonah Blaustein jonah at mindspring.com
Tue Jun 8 01:33:43 UTC 2010

Come to Sowing Seeds Here and Now! A Chesapeake Urban Farming Summit
to proliferate urban farming in our region.
Our Keynote, Will Allen was selected as 2010 TIME 100 “World’s
Most Influential People”! Allen is the founder and CEO of Growing
Power, a network of urban farms in Milwaukee and Chicago. He is the
recent recipient of the MacArthur Genius Award, honoring him for his
past and future innovations in urban farming and food justice.
Tickets on sale now!
The Summit
The Sowing Seeds Here Now and Now! Summit promotes community based
urban farming because it:
* increases food security and the availability of healthy food,
* decreases unemployment by supplying meaningful green jobs,
* anchors vital resources and wealth in local communities, and
* is a key component in promoting public health and creating a
sustainable, just, local food system.
The summit gathers innovative practitioners, farmers, scholars, for-
profit and not-for-profit leaders, policy makers and agency directors
to discuss specific strategies to help move the urban agriculture
movement forward throughout the Chesapeake area.
Click here for more information on the Summit
Sowing Seeds Here and Now!
June 18, 2010
8:00am-5:30pm

http://www.sowingseedshereandnow.com/