[RP TownTalk] Trees on Lafayette Avenue

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 23 10:41:09 UTC 2010

I noticed yesterday afternoon that several trees on the west side of Lafayette Avenue (along the railroad track at the EW Hwy overpass) had been cut down; does anyone know the reason for that?

I hope that's not a sign of all the trees there being cut; there's such a wide variety of trees which I'm sure is good for the environment and the bird life and I enjoy watching the trees as they change each season.  And the smell from the black locusts, mimosas, and catalpas when they're in bloom?  Heavenly!!