[RP TownTalk] Fwd: Yes! Organic Market Expands to Arts District Hyattsville

Alan K. Thompson twacks at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 01:18:40 UTC 2010

Hi Dwight,

I'll chime in!

The new retail on the east side of the EYA development will all be in
Hyattsville.  The overwhelming majority of the development (retail and
residential) is in Hyattsville, and the only property in Riverdale Park that
actually fronts on US 1 is the old Jey's Auto, which is not owned by EYA
(the rest of the property is in the M-U-TC zone, and thus could have a
retail component, but it would have been difficult to make a viable business
district there).  The commercial part of the development is a fair ways
down, closer to Franklin's (beyond Sudsville).  The only thing I can say is
that the pedestrian trail along the tracks, which EYA will build as part of
the development, will make the retail area a short walk from our town center
(and vice versa -- the new residences will make our town center more
attractive for businesses).

Regards,

Alan