[RP TownTalk] TownTalk Digest, Vol 46, Issue 6

Euniverz at aol.com Euniverz at aol.com
Fri May 7 00:06:02 UTC 2010

Alan,

But according to the letter of the law, is it or is it not in  violation?
I'm not trying to argue, but the law says what the law  says.  Shouldn't we
write it so it more accurately describes the town's  actual intent?  I was
at the hearing and my understanding from CM Henry's  speech was that he
believed front lawns should look a certain way and to deviate  from that was a
detriment to the neighborhood.

Thanks,

Adrianne Lefkowitz

I don't  know how code enforcement would respond to a lawn that was,  again,
well-maintained around the edges but with a belgian-block and mulch  edged
section of 24 inch high "native grasses," but they might well not  cite it
as
long as it looked deliberate.  I think that for the most  part the code
enforcement officers cite lawns/yards that look neglected  and/or trashy,
and
are not out there with a ruler seeking out technical  violations.