[RP TownTalk] Daytime Burglaries

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Fri May 7 16:24:10 UTC 2010

I also subscribe to crimereports.com and have seen police calls for thefts from autos in our area as well.  Please don't keep valuables or other items which might attract thieves in your vehicles, especially where they can be seen by someone looking in the window.

As far as the burglar alarm solicitors; maybe I'm overly cautious, but I'm wary of any door-to-door solicitor, no matter what they're selling.  Could be they just want to "case" your home when you open the door, see if there's anything worth breaking and entering for.

If you see anyone in your area who appears to be loitering or otherwise looks suspicious, let the police know about it.  We don't have to be paranoid, but we should all be careful.