[RP TownTalk] Town Budget

bruce.wernek at mindspring.com bruce.wernek at mindspring.com
Mon May 17 18:28:51 UTC 2010

Hi Alice

I talked to Alan Thompson at the Farmer's Market and he said the Town is not including ~$200K it has in the bank in the budget.  Recall, this was the money Archer wanted to use for the Riverdale community center.  I'm not sure how the accounting is being done, but I've never heard of assets being off the balance sheet.  The budget should include all assets and liabilities.  How can you ask for a tax increase when the Town has funds in the bank which are not in the budget?  Before any tax increases are considered, this balance must be put into the budget.  This money belongs to the taxpayers and must be made public so the residents have an understanding of the fiscal state of the Town.

If I've missed something, bear with me.  I just could not find the line item for these funds in the budget.

Bruce